Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween rush

So much is happening in the next 2 weeks that I almost feel paralyzed as to where to begin.  Halloween costumes need to be finished and I haven't even sat down at the sewing machine yet.  The house is in major need of a purging that has to be done by next Thursday.  I can't say why yet. ;)  The Mister's parents are moving in a few weeks too, and we have an entire shed full of kids clothes, dusty wedding presents (how bad do we need those), and misc. stuff in their side yard that has to go.  I don't think I can make it all happen.  Add in a Kindergarten field trip, school parties, some babysitting, kids activities, and the regular chores and I'm back to feeling paralyzed. Isn't life fun?  I really am happy and trying to take deep breaths and enjoy the ride.

We have a special visitor coming next weekend.  The Mister has been driving the kids crazy with his cryptic clues and hints that we all need to get the house and things in order for this special visit.  If he keeps talking about it I think they will explode.  It's gonna be great though.  I'm still really freaking out!!

My husband rocks!  He surprised me and bought this vintage skirt for me.  It's going to be part of my Halloween costume and an awesome skirt to wear when I feel like dressing up a bit.  Did I mention the flowers are lined with sequins?  Beautiful.  So not my style in my younger days, but I'm finding my taste in everything is starting to lean toward more daring, artsy and colorful things.  Color makes life so much more fun.

Picture Size:

No comments: