Tuesday, April 07, 2009

rainy day respite

I know I've complained about all the rain because it's hard to stay cooped up in the house with 4 kids. I am secretly loving this rainy day though. The crisp air felt so good this morning on my walk with the littles. Even though we had to run home half way through because the rain started earlier than I thought it would, it was a great start to the day. Mr. Cooper made progress on learning to start his bike on his own.
******
Oh yeah, Logan learned to ride his bike without training wheels last Monday. Daddy gave him a pep-talk about how he was going to be a big four-year-old boy now, took him out in the parking lot, steadied him and away he went. The only thing Logan had trouble with was starting and stopping. He was our fastest learner yet.
******
Syd is cutting more teeth and very clingy lately. I wasn't even neglecting Ms. leechy nut here she just walked up and went ballistic. Today I'm folding clothes and doing misc. things with the door open so I can hear and smell the rain. It's a great excuse to put off errands and chip away at my to-do list indoors. Good day.


I feel a renewed sense of purpose after watching our church's General Conference on Sunday. There were so many inspirational messages that I needed to hear and we had a great day together as a family. Dave and I slept in (heaven!), we fixed a big breakfast and watched conference in our pj's with the chillies, went on a long family walk, ate root beer floats while watching the last session of conference, ate dinner and played together until bedtime. It was a perfect Sunday together.President Monson's talk on Sunday morning was so great. My sweet Jessie would kill me if she knew I wrote down that she was even crying during part of his talk. One of the things he said at the very end of his talk has been running through my head ever since.

"Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."
President Thomas S. Monson


I love that; The future is as bright as your faith! I really needed to hear these words. Be positive. Have faith in God and His plan and the possibilities are endless. It's such a simple yet motivating message. I wrote that thought on our bathroom mirror right after conference and plan on making it a more permanent addition to our wall somewhere.

3 comments:

Sami said...

I think that's a great idea! We should make a wooden wall mount using letters made on a cricut. Now I wonder who has one of those.... :0)

Salcido said...

My sister has one! I'll talk to her...
Camille, I love that you took that picture of Sydney crying!

Camille said...

LOL! Sami is teasing me because I have one and haven't really used it yet.