Friday, February 23, 2007

chinese water torture

It's not unusual to find me typing away, editing photos or vegging on the couch watching a flick at 1-2 in the morning. So last night when Dave finally gave in and went to bed at 2 I was still up. I fell asleep on the couch, crawled in bed next to Dave around 4:30 AM and was instantly annoyed with what sounded like a car alarm going off at the condo's behind us. I was so tired I fell right back asleep, but that stupid noise woke me up at 7 AM! Sleep between 7 and 8 AM is sacred because Coop rarely sleeps in past 8. I was pissed.

Dave always teases me that I have an over reactive hypothalamus. I can't stand repetitive sounds no matter how small they are. Most people's brains tune them out but not mine. So when this awful, high-pitched alarm kept going until 3 PM it was like someone tapping on my forehead as fast as they could.........for 8 freakin' hours.

I did get a respite from the screaming banshee for an hour when Dave, the boys, and I drove down to check out a possible practice. The verdict? Kinda small, but in a good location and close enough for Dave to bring his current patients there. We'll see. The way the job hunt has been going we aren't banking on anything until it is final. *sigh* Such a roller coaster ride this finding a job after school thing has become.

Dave is so awesome. He had a busy day today and is meeting with 2 docs as we speak at the practice we checked out this morning. They even have an offer on the table from another doc but waited to meet and talk with Dave before they accepted anything. Very cool. Maybe our prayers are finally being answered.

No comments: