Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nightmare

I have two reoccurring nightmares since being married twelve years ago.  Actually, more like eleven years ago, right before our first born came to live with us.  The first nightmare that I can't seem to escape is some sort of home invasion.  A burly man attacks me while I'm alone at home and I can't get help, or someone barges in the house while I'm alone with the kids.  It creeps me out just thinking about it mostly awake.  My second nightmare, to which I have woken up crying a couple times, is being jolted with the news that my Dad has suffered a catastrophic health crisis like a heart attack and died.  I dreamt these vivid, horrible dreams mostly when I was pregnant, but tonight one of them almost came true.

My Man called me as I was taking a breather at Walmart.  My shopping cart held heart chocolates for the kids to attach to their Valentine's, and I was lazily browsing my way up to the cash register.  He hastily asked if I'd talked to my brother, and that my Dad was at the hospital being checked over because he collapsed at home.  I have believed my dearest Dad's health to be fragile for years, and we all beg him to take better care of himself.  It looks as though he has suffered a stroke, but we don't know the extent yet.  I hope and pray that all is as well as it can possibly be after such an occurrence.

I'm trying to direct all my positive thoughts and prayers to Dad's recovery, but there is part of my personality that won't shut off the negative thoughts.  I've got 31 flavors of what happens next churning around in my head and not many of them are good.  I just saw both my parents today, and mentioned to Mom that the new diet change my Man and I have done feels great and could really help Dad.  I'm not ready to lose a parent.  I'm sure no one really is, so I am praying with all my heart and mind (conscious and subconscious) that Dad recovers and finds the motivation to work his way back to health.  I'm here to help with salad in hand!

No comments: