Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer is HERE!!

Thank the stars above, we are done with another year of school. My hopes of sleeping in came true this morning after I rolled out of bed at 8:22 AM. Beautiful. Jessie even snuck in and took Syd out of her crib when she woke up so she wouldn't get loud. Fabulous start to the summer.

Yesterday was our family's third annual Crazy Hair Day. The last day of school we bust out the clippers, hair elastics, and, if Dave had his way, Kool Aid hair dye to have some fun with the kids hair.I tried to do some corn row style braids in J's hair but they just weren't working so this was our plan B- the lattice. It looks pretty sweet for being really easy to do. We watched The Deadliest Catch (we were drooling over all that crab) after J's softball game on Tuesday night and did her hair. She loved staying up late- she always does. Toby was ready to sport a red, KoolAid-dyed mohawk, but a). we ran out of time to color it and b). I chickened out. I really didn't want red stains all over clothes, pillow cases and towels. I told him I'd get out the colored spray paint from the Halloween box instead. He was still happy to go to school with it spiked up and it stayed all day. As I dropped Tob off at school the first lady that saw him said, "Whoa! Cool mohawk dude!" Toby said, "Thanks! It's crazy hair day today." Apparently, one of the boys in his class told Toby he looked like a duck which bummed him out a little. After we talked about how it didn't really matter what that boy thought, he was cool and still happy to strut his mohawk around town.

Logan was overtired and fell asleep in the early afternoon on Tuesday, so we didn't get a chance to cut his mohawk. I think it will be a Dad/Mr. Cooper activity on Friday because Mr. Coop says he wants a checkboard design on his head and I have no idea how to do that one. Good luck babe. Mr. Cooper, however, is still just as crazy with his normal haircut.And not to be out done, Syd was a clueless participant in the near butchering of her own hair thanks to her big brother who thought he could give her a crazy hair cut this morning with the craft scissors. Maybe I shouldn't sleep in anymore....... :-( Thankfully, it's not too noticeable. She's just a little thin on her front right side.

This is the look I get lately when I catch Syd up on the table or flinging a roll of toilet paper to the ground, two things she loves to do all the time. Here she is reading a Human Anatomy book on the table after breakfast with that look like, "I'm busy! Don't you think about taking me off this table." That's what I felt like she was saying anyway.

No comments: