Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Whitty title here..

So.....
it's April Fools Day. Not my favorite day of the year. When Dave and I were first married, I basically said, "I really don't like April Fools Day and if you ever play a mean joke on me it's likely I won't forgive you." When I found out Logan was to be born around April 5th, I prayed he would not be born April 1st. I got my wish and he was born one day after, thankfully. I understand the fun, harmless jokes like food coloring to change your food, but I am not a big practical joker. I guess it's my current mood and bad health that prevents me from getting in the spirit of the day this year. It's just another day for me today. I do love to hear about a good joke though. Anybody do some fun things this year?

I stopped nursing my sweet Sydney about 3 weeks ago at 14 months old. I put it off as long as possible because I do enjoy nursing and this was my last chance to do so. I think I finally drew the line when Sydney was getting so attached to me that she wouldn't keep her hands off me. She perfected her own "nipple-fishing" technique by shoving her hand down my shirt until she found my nipple. Then she'd squeeze the Charmin just to reinforce what she wanted. Not exactly appropriate while I'm talking to someone in public or checking out at Target. She still tucks her hand inside the top of my shirt for comfort, which I do think is so endearing, but not as often now that we are not nursing.

I weaned Sydney very gradually, but now that my hormones are shifting back to 'normal' it is really messing with my body. I've had a few killer migraines that have laid me up for entire days and now my monthly 'friend' has worn out her welcome over the past 7+ days and draining my energy big time. It seems I get really sick from one thing or another at least once a year, and it reminds me how thankful I am for an otherwise strong, healthy body. Ironically, Sydney has been sick the last 2 weeks right after I stopped nursing her when she could have benefited from the antibodies and milk. Dave has been so patient and helpful by fixing meals and not complaining about the condition of the house when he gets home.

The first time I was down with a migraine it was all I could do to make sure the kids had food and got home from school. I picked up Jessie from school at 3, and told her she was in charge because I had to go lay down. She came in at 6 o'clock with Logan carrying a tray with dinner in bed. She even made a little card signed by all the kids saying they "lurve me!" It was so sweet and I felt a lot better after sleeping for 3 blessed hours. I guess it's been a weird blessing in disguise that Sydney has been sick too, because she has slept whenever I needed to. Anyway, I'm looking forward to having my body back to normal and feeling better. I pray that time is soon. :)

No comments: