Thursday, March 12, 2009

The flood gates have opened!

When Dave left on his mission to Ohio for our church we were not speaking to each other. It was 1996 and I was in my senior year at MSJ High School. I vividly remember walking past him outside our church on his last Sunday here while my friend said goodbye. Lame, I know, but I thought he hated me. You see, I dumped Dave or blew him off more than once while we dated the 18 months previous. It got old (gee, I wonder why) so he pretty much gave up on me. I claim temporary insanity due to the fact that I was wrapped up in drama with another guy. I knew Dave was a great guy, still is by the way, but I was sucked into a bad relationship. Anyway, I still secretly had a huge thing for Dave, so while he was away I was writing him letters. I wrote during English class at Ohlone, on a break from work at House of Fabrics, in the church library on Sunday, or at home while thinking of him. I was too chicken to send him a letter out of the blue. How do you start that one? Hi, remember me? I'm the one who stabbed you through the heart a couple times in high school. Didn't think that would go over very well. I finally got the courage to send him my now huge stack of letters written over several months. He didn't believe they were real. He figured I just wrote a bunch with different pens/markers to make it look like I was writing the entire time. Whatever. I knew the truth and I hoped by opening the line of communication again that he would give me one last chance. I think we've talked about that story enough now that he believes me.

I am reminded of this story because I've done the same thing with my little piece of the blogosphere. I keep starting a post here and there and never finish it. It's either too late to work or I start to fall asleep at the keyboard. At last, for your viewing pleasure, but more for my need to journal, I have posted the last couple weeks worth of stuff. I kept all the posts on the dates they were started so I can print them out that way. Sorry little blog, I will not be a stranger anymore.

No comments: