Saturday, October 25, 2008

Seductively sweet

Our tenth anniversary was a couple Fridays ago on the 10th. Dave was at work until late that day (meaning 4 PM ;) ) and I got it in my head to surprise him with a chocolate cake. Being a milestone anniversary and all I decided to go backwards to when we started out. I wanted to surprise Dave at our wedding with a superhero themed grooms cake. He is a superhero fan and one of my vivid memories of us dating in high school was chillin' in his room surrounded by hanging Spiderman, Batman and action figures I didn't even know. Somehow, I got caught up in all the preparations and distractions of planning our wedding in 3 months and the cake never came to fruition. Celebrating our 10th anniversary seemed like a fitting occasion to carry out my plan. My original idea was to put a Batman action figure (Dave's favorite) and Poison Ivy seducing him on the cake. Here's my attempt- it only took ten years. Thanks Sami for watching my kids while the play group was at the park on Friday. I whipped it together in about 1 1/2 hours after school. Sydney made things interesting by insisting on being held while I frosted and tried to get it done quickly. Dave was super surprised and so were the kids when we all got home from the park. They "ooooed and aaaahhhhed" then started the "can we have some cake" song and dance. Dave put the action figures up so the kids can't ruin them- that's how I know he liked his surprise. ;) Love ya babe!

4 comments:

Kate and Peter Lowe said...

Wow! I'm officially in awe! Way to go that is such a cute idea!

Edie Payne Manager said...

Cami, Great job on the cake! You are such a cute mom. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. You and your husband are a beautiful couple - no wonder your kids are so good looking!

Edie Payne Manager said...

Cami, I am only Grandma Payne to my kids so just to let you know Grandma Payne is your Aunt Edie=) Sorry - I may have to change my posting name.

Camille said...

HI EDIE!!! Nice to hear from you! Of course I don't mind. Thanks for saying hi. I hope all is well with you!