Monday, February 04, 2008

Syd's big day




Our little Sydney was the star of the show yesterday. It was her and my first Sunday back at church. We dressed her up in a frilly white dress and Daddy blessed her with most of our local family there. It felt good to sit in church with so many of our extended family there with us.















Dave and I both agree that adding another kid to the family after the third is not as big of a transition as from 2 to 3 kids. As Dave puts it, "it's the same method of crowd control." All the chillies have been so good with the addition of baby Sydney. Jessie rarely complains about the extra chores and errands she has to run for me, usually when I am nursing baby. She can get the kids cereal for breakfast or make toast to tide them over until I can fix lunch. Toby is the least interested in interacting with Sydney. He is my deep-thinker and I know by the questions he asks me that he loves and is thinking about Sydney. He often talks about where Sydney came from and what happened when I pushed her out of my tummy, etc. Logan is the big surprise in the house. He is such a snuggly Momma's boy that I worried he would easily retaliate when baby came. He hasn't though. If anything I have to watch baby closely so Logan doesn't love her too much instead of showing any aggression. He always picks the time she is sleeping soundly on my bed to go smother her with kisses and rub her head as only a 2 year-old can. It's been a great transition so far. We'll see if the kids are this entranced with her when she starts crawling and stealing their toys. ;)

No comments: