Wednesday, December 06, 2006

T minus 2 days and counting!

2 days and 19 hours to be precise until Dave GRADUATES! He called me today after his last test and almost sounded like a different person. I was told by everyone, and kept reminding myself, that this hard time while Dave was in school really would go by fast. Now that we are so close to graduation it does seem like the time went quickly. I think we were blessed with selective memory! A lot of the bad, stressful times have been forgotten.

YEAH DAVE!!! I am so excited for him! He is an awesome Doctor of Chiropractic and I think he even has a job. I'm not going to jinx anything so no formal announcement yet. Good things are coming his way!

It's been an entire week of accelerating celebration. Tuessday night Dave and I went to his senior dinner at Scott's in Jack London Square in Oakland. We had a nice meal and listened to a few speeches from the Dean and several students. Dave got a certificate in a cheesy frame for being selected as a "Who's Who Among Students" in American Colleges and Universities. *whew* It's a long name for a recognition that basically gets your name in a book that you can buy for a nominal fee ($70!) and your name in the local paper. Those people recognized are nominated by their teachers and faculty so that's cool that they honored Dave. I think he's been amazing with all he accomplished during school and it's nice that he's been recognized for it.

No comments: