Saturday, October 21, 2006

pumpkins, popcorn and ponies

Even though practically the entire family is coughing and tired, we packed up chillies and the big red wagon and went to Joan's Farm in Livermore today. I completely spaced a homeschool field trip with friends to the farm this past Monday because I didn't write it on the calendar. grrrrrr. I was SO frustrated. It's a sign that I'm getting older. I can't remember much unless I write it down. But I digress.

One would never know it was fall today in Northern Cali. The weather was fan-flippin'-tastic. 96 degrees in the middle of October is almost wrong. Dave and I are anxious for it to cool down. For the purposes of exploring the farm with the chillies and picking out a few pumpkins it was a perfect day. The chillies highlight of the day was riding the ponies. J picked out Trigger, the biggest pony there, and TJ rode Spinner. Coop was so interested in the ponies from the other side of the fence but we knew he would have fallen apart if he was on top of one of them. The kids fed the goats/sheep and ate popcorn while we walked around.

We also took the opportunity to scout around Livermore a little to see if we could live there. We are really under the gun to find Dave a place to practice but we need to decide where to look first. We both decided Livermore could be for us- time to job hunt.......

No comments: