Thursday, August 24, 2006

back in the shoes again

So Mom and I have been walking Lake Elizabeth religiously since..... oh, at least April. We both had dresses to get into for Dan's wedding. It was time for the summer slimdown. Dragging the chillies out every MWF at 7 AM was necessary to shed some weight and feel better. Some days I had to talk the offspring into it- sometimes not.

Well, the wedding is over. and J got sick the week after that (couldn't in good conscious drag her to the lake that way). then Mom was gone the next week. then I was camping the week after that. then Mom was gone to Girl's Camp the next week. then J goes and sabotages this week by messing up her lip (see post below). And all this translates into the fact that I haven't raised my heartbeat for longer than 10 minutes in weeks. I feel soft and flabby again. I learned it's a lot harder for me to get 3 chillies out the door by 7:30 am if there is no one at the lake to meet us. Heck, it's impossible because I didn't do it once while Mom was gone.

So in exactly five hours I'm going to lace up the running shoes and try again. J feels well enough to ride the scooter again and my friend Jen is coming with us. I will pick up where I left off and finally shed some weight FOR GOOD.

With that I am going to bed. Five hours sleep is really not enough.

No comments: