Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am a picture nerd. Capturing part of my kids personalities, catching that elusive smile that I fell in love with from the Mister, or freezing a moment in time that would otherwise be forgotten makes me so happy.

We were leaving Toby's Music for Minors concert at J's school last night when we walked past this cool mural wall. I had to stop for a few snaps. When I glanced at this picture in the camera last night I couldn't wait to get it up on the screen. I love it. This is so Toby.Sydney discovered airplanes last week at Toby's T-ball game. Whenever we are outside now she points up and says, "Pay!" for airplane. She knows the sound of an approaching jet and won't stop until we find where it is in the sky. This is what happens when all the kids except Syd see an airplane. I didn't even see until later that it looks like Syd has a halo above her head. It's appropriate since she is our sweet angel. All the kids love showing her new things and rejoice with Mom and Dad in her milestones. Kids are the best!

We had one of those bounce-from-one thing-to-the-next days yesterday. I think we were home for about 3 hours all day. I'm glad my schedule does not demand more of those days. I really don't mind having nothing pressing to do and making my own schedule for the day.

We started with a trip to Home Depot with Uncle Tom (my brother) to buy new countertops and kitchen sink for an apartment. Tom is doing all the work I can get for him here at the apartments. It's a slow time for construction so he's grateful for some work. I think Tom is almost done with all he needs for his contractor's license which is exciting!

On a related note, my Dad is still out of work in the same field. Construction is understandably slow in this economy, and Dad has been looking since the beginning of the year. Toby always remembers to "bless Grandpa Bob that he can get a cool new job" in his prayers.

Between piano lessons for Jess and her friend Jaime, errands, T-ball, and Toby's concert last night we were running the rest of yesterday. It's feels good to be busy and super productive sometimes.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE these pictures. Too cute of everyone!!!

Salcido said...

I, too, love these pictures. Such great colors and cute kids! I am becoming a picture nerd, too! Let's play sometime!!!!!