Sunday, January 18, 2009

Odds & Ends

It feels good that we had a productive day yesterday. Lots of odds & ends that have been sitting around cluttering up my life got checked off the list yesterday. Stuff like fix the laundry room door hinge, hang Dave's guitars on the wall so little fingers stop messing with them, hang pictures and my new jewelry case on the wall, and make a dent in the ironing pile, are all out of the way and done. Many of those pesky little things got checked off the bottom of the list, and I am feeling more organized. It is one of my goals for the New Year to maximize every inch of our small space. That means getting uber-organized!

We had new tenants move into Denise and Arnold's old apartment yesterday. They moved out last Saturday and we are all so sad. The boys cried when they found out last Friday night that Daddy would be helping Aunt 'Nisey and Uncle Arnold move their stuff out. Even though we didn't see them every day it was so nice having them close. Mega sad!Milo hung out at our house while Jessie went for some girl time at the Thompson's. These silly boys played with Playdough for over an hour. They are so goofy, and loud.

I don't know about all you Mom's out there, but since I have become a Mom I have learned to be a light sleeper. One of the hardest things for me when we brought our first baby home was getting used to functioning with sleep deprivation. I never realized how good a full nights sleep was until it was gone. So, Mr. Cooper got "puke sick," as we call it, in the early morning hours this morning. After scooping up all the messy bedding and clothes we settled him on the couch with a pot next to him and went back to bed. It didn't matter that I was in a wonderful deep sleep an hour later when Coop started at it again. I was up and out of bed before Dave even rolled over. Oh yeah, he didn't move a muscle because he can sleep through World War III. Not quite, but you get the idea. Someday I'll be able to sleep throught the night. I'm okay with that.

That's all I got for now. I feel like the more I write the less coherent my thoughts are. Time for some sleep.

1 comment:

Jen said...

:) I'm right there with you on the sleep thing!! I think I spent 3 nights exactly like that!!! Total sympathy here!!