Sunday, December 23, 2007

what's sleep anymore

You know that feeling when you wake up from a wonderful nights sleep? Your body feels relaxed and warm under the covers and your eyes gently roll open into consciousness. One big body stretch and a deep breath in and out later and your ready to conquer whatever comes your way. Yeah, I don't remember the last time I slept like that. Lately my routine is go to bed only to wake up less than two hours later with throbbing hips and sore ligaments, since this 9-month pregnant body can't sleep on its back. If the aching body parts don't get me up the incessant need to pee does- at least twice a night. I feel like a giant marshmallow with the amount of pillows it takes surrounding my body to get comfortable enough to sleep. Sadly, our big leather couch is more conducive to a good nights sleep right now so I end up out in the living room every night. Most nights I skip my bed entirely. Thankfully, hubby understands, but I mis him. I'm there now except with my feet resting on the couch while I sit in the chair nearby.

It wasn't my body that woke me up at 4:45 AM this morning. Something possessed Logan to wake up and demand that Toby give him his Batman blanket that was keeping him snuggly warm in dreamland. Logan sleeps under Toby on a trundle bed and he reached right up, screamed bloody murder about his blanket and commenced a tug-of-war with said blanket. Poor sleepy-eyed Toby didn't know what hit him. And now I can't get back to sleep no matter how warm and comfy the couch is tonight.

So, considering my alarm goes off in 24 minutes, I think I'll get up and hem those dress pants for Toby that never got done.

Sweet dreams to you. Somebody needs to be dreaming of sugar plums at this time of year..............

No comments: