Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer is slipping away

Things are looking up at our house. Everyone has recovered from a nasty bout of the puke bug. The entire family got it but me. It ruined our weekend plans, but I'm trying to get over that. After all, I have to figure out how to slow down time since this is the last week before school starts up again. Where did the slow summer months go? I feel like a flop of a Mom because so much time was sucked up with me being immovable with this back injury and family sickness. I don't remember the family being sick during the summer so much. It really shouldn't be allowed.

Jessie was the first to get sick last Wednesday, so she was feeling great by Sunday morning when we planned on visiting family. Since Dave and the boys were still dehydrated zombies recovering from the pukes and I couldn't drive by myself, we sent Jess with my parents to hear my cousin's mission report. Lucky J got an early birthday present because she got to stay and play with my young cousin Brennah for 3 days. Dear Brennah is the sweetest girl. She's a champion for donating blood and is in the August 2009 issue of the Friend if you want to read her story. I just talked to Jess this morning and she is having so much fun that she doesn't want to come home today. But birthday celebrations call her home.

We are gearing up for a big weekend and trying to fit in the last things on our summer to do list. Really, I need another month of summer and I'm a fall girl at heart. That tells me how behind we got on summer plans. More to come........




No comments: