Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Good things come

to those who wait, and wait, and wait. It's official! My hubby is a new business owner! He signed papers and got the keys to his own chiropractic practice yesterday. It's been a bumpy adventure finding a job after graduating school, but it's done. When the new website is up and running I'll post a link. He is so anxious to get started. Today is his first day seeing patients. The other Doc will stay a couple months to help with the turnover. I'm so excited for him!

Today is a good day. I woke up to the faint sound of kids giggling in the kitchen- which usually is a bad thing involving a mess. I got up to find them politely eating cereal at the table. We all got dressed to get J to school on time and opened the door to find it gently raining. Yay! We haven't had nearly enough rain this year and I love this weather. J gets out of school early today so it's going to be a fun day of scrapping/crafting with the kids at the kitchen table, maybe watching a movie and some dancing in the living room.

I had the strangest dream last night. I only remember the highlights now but they are still weird. J's 1st grade teacher came to our house (which was a place I'd never seen before in real life) after a nighttime school activity. I fell asleep on the living room floor with all 3 kids and J's teacher, we'll call her Ms. Bee, eating dinner around me. When I woke up it was the next morning and Ms. Bee was still with us and had stayed awake the entire night because she didn't want to wake me up. I was so embarrassed and kinda irked that a) I fell asleep and b) she didn't wake me up. So weird. I'm sure there are some psychological inferences that can be drawn from this dream. I don't really care to go there though.

gotta scoot. it's already getting late in the morning.

No comments: