Friday, April 20, 2007

We have mice!

I woke up several mornings ago at 6 AM to a faint rustling sound in the kitchen.
Slowly stumbling to the kitchen I realized we had a critter on the counter eating through a bag of chips.
Now I knew why I found food in the morning that was half eaten and left on the counter.
I'd seen the sneaky little critters first hand.
It's time to lock away the snacks so they don't get them anymore.
After all, these ravenous critters can get up on the counters, on top of the fridge and even IN the fridge.
I finally caught one of the unsuspecting munch mouths in the act.
It was on a Saturday and the whole family was supposed to be sleeping in.
He was perched precariously on top of a chair sneaking bread and Easter chocolates.
Here's a representative picture of just how sneaky and quick these little mice are:







"But Mom- I just couldn't wait for breakfast. I'm hungry!" he says. This one and the other brother are going to eat us out of the house when puberty hits.












TJ cracking a hard-boiled egg over the garbage. I have to label the cooked eggs with a sharpie or he will get in the fridge and crack a 'squishy' egg all over himself. It sure beats waking up to a slimey mess all over the kitchen.

No comments: