Friday, April 13, 2007

wake up call

Several things have happened the past 24 hours that shook me out of my status quo.

Someone that I don't even know has touched my life so significantly today. Her name is Jen and she is a fellow scrapbooker that is also a member of 2peas. Her 12 year-old son was just sent home with terminal cancer and given weeks to months to live. I can feel her courage and bravery through her words she has posted about her son's fight. I can not even imagine how much pain, sorrow, frustration, you-name-the-emotion, Jen and her family are going through at this time. My prayers are with this sweet family. They have reawakened my gratitude to God for my healthy family. I am SO thankful for my 3 beautiful chillies and that I experience their learning and growing every day. I hugged each one a little tighter today and enjoyed watching their peaceful, sleeping faces when I checked on them before going to bed. Tania is another amazing woman who has organized a benefit for Jen's family with all proceeds going to them. Incredible!!

And the other, not-so-momentous, thing that happened yesterday that jolted me awake (literally) was this:
We were in a hurry to get on the road to the zoo. Dave turned out of our street onto the shoulder to flip a U and didn't look before he turned into the street. A truck came speeding around the corner and nailed us. I went from thinking about what we were going to pick up at the store while putting on lip gloss, to panicking at a quickly approaching horn, to *SMACK* and spin!!! Everyone is just fine. It shames me to admit that my first thought was, 'CRAP! Now the entire back side of my car is ruined!' I rationalize it with the fact that if I was okay then the kids and hubby were fine too. We didn't get hit going too fast so the damage is minimal. I'm sure it will cost a pretty penny to get the bumper, tail light and possibly the rear door fixed. It's a good thing Dave was driving.................he's going to be paying for it! ;) love ya, babe.

While Dave and the other guy were exchanging info. I asked the kids again if they were alright. J pipes up and says, 'Yeah! That was my first accident!' Here's hoping that there aren't more where that came from.

No comments: